Earn more dividends with your debit card purchases when you open a Bonus Checking Account.
Planning creates opportunities for you.
It’s more than a savings account. It’s a savings engine. The Select Savings Account helps you save - and pivot when you need. There are budget tools to help you plan for goals – and help you adjust when an unexpected situation comes up.
With no restrictions, this account gives you full access to your money, anytime with no penalties. The Select Savings Account makes it easy to take the first step toward your saving goals.
Earn competitive dividend rates
- Funds are insured up to NCUA maximums
- Minimum opening deposit requirement is just $1*
- All dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly
- Earn deposit dividends of 0.50%
Save flexibly, spend wisely
- Use budget tools to set and meet goals
- Withdraw money whenever you need with no fees
- Use as overdraft protection^ for a Civic Bonus Checking account
- Setup eStatements# to receive electronic copies of statements and other documents
Take small steps toward your future
- Open this account to establish Civic membership
- Get a loan using funds in this account as security
- Choose to automate savings to plan for future expenses
You know that details matter. [And you are in good company.]
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
No. This is a feature always available to you to help plan for future purchases. Even if you don’t use it now, it’ll be there if you need it.
Yes. However, you can use the savings goal feature to track multiple savings goals with one account. If you need additional Select Savings accounts, remember the minimum opening deposit increases to $20.
Civic is a credit union. All members have a Select Savings Account opened for them. We even help fund the account with $1. This dollar represents your share of the credit union. That’s right! You’re an owner. Learn more about membership details.
A Select Savings Account can be opened with as little as $1. However; we encourage you to do more. This account was designed to help you reach your savings goals, whatever they may be.
Terms & Conditions
* Minimum opening requirement is $1 for the first Civic Select Savings account. For all additional Select Savings accounts added, the minimum opening deposit is $20.
^ Overdraft Transfer Service is available from a Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts with no minimum increments or transfer fees. Members may also apply for an overdraft line of credit from which transfers are made in increments of $50 up to available limits.
# Civic provides eStatements at no cost to account holders. Paper statements are available for a fee of $5 per month.