Access advanced funds faster from your Home Equity Line of Credit by connecting it to your Bonus Checking Account.
Put your home to work.
Home equity can be your most valuable asset. Tapping into this equity can give you options when paying for large expenses. With loan amounts available from $5,000 - $250,000, many people use the money for home improvement projects or to consolidate debt.
Confirm your property qualifies
- Property must be located in NC, SC, VA or GA‡
- Property must be primary or secondary residence (no income producing properties)
- Loan-To-Value (LTV) up to 90%^
Move forward with flexibility
- Monthly payments are 1% of the outstanding loan balance plus interest
- All loans come with a 15-year draw period and 10-year amortization schedule†
- Perform advances anytime in mobile# or online banking
Keep more of your money
- No annual fees
- No minimum transfer requirements
- No prepayment penalties
HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT
|CREDIT GRADE||LOAN TO VALUE^||APR*|
|Excellent||Up to 90% LTV||As low as 3.25%|
|Very Good||Up to 90% LTV||As low as 3.25%|
|Good||Up to 90% LTV||As low as 3.25%|
|Fair||Up to 80% LTV||As low as 7.50%|
You know that details matter. [And you are in good company.]
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
The maximum loan amount is $250,000 - but your credit limit will be based on your individual factors.
The Civic Home Equity Line of Credit is a variable rate loan product.
You have 15 years to make advances. At the conclusion of this time any outstanding balance is amortized over a 10 year repayment period.
Yes. You can refinance an existing Home Equity Loan into a Home Equity Line of Credit with Civic.
Yes. Civic reports your payment history to the credit bureaus.
Advanced funds can be placed into any Bonus Checking, Select Savings, or Money Market account. We recommend the Bonus checking for quickest access through your debit card.
Your final interest rate will depend on your loan to value (LTV), line amount and other individual factors.
We process all loan applications as soon as possible and usually have an answer within 1-2 business days.
Home Equity Lines of Credit can come with certain tax benefits not available with personal loans. Consult your tax advisor or accountant to see if you qualify.
We’ll ask you a few questions to get a preliminary approval. Your loan officer will reach out with details of what documentation is needed to complete your application.
Your payment is 1% of the outstanding balance, plus any interest that has accrued.
Yes. An appraisal is required to validate the value of your property to best determine the amount of equity you have in your home.
Terms & Conditions
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR for a Civic Federal Credit Union Home Equity Line of Credit is variable and based on Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal, ten days before the end of the prior month (called the “Index”), plus a margin. Your margin will be determined by several factors including but not limited to your credit qualifications, combined loan-to-value and loan amount. The maximum APR for a home equity line of credit is 18%. Rates are subject to change daily. Civic membership must be established prior to scheduled closing. No purchase money seconds. Adequate, property and flood insurance are required for the life of the loan. The minimum loan amount for a Home Equity Line of Credit is $5,000. If your loan requires an appraisal, title insurance, or attorney fees, they must be paid at the borrower’s expense.
† Members may borrow against their available credit line for a period of 15 years, after which, principle and interest payments will be required until the loan is paid in full.
‡ Property must be located in NC, SC, GA, or VA. Home equity lines of credit are not available for manufactured homes.
^ Subject to approval. All applicants must meet underwriting criteria. Loan or line amount may be up to 90% less the amount owed on outstanding mortgages, if any.
# Data fees may apply. Please check with your service provider.