If we had to pick one thing Civic strives for every day, it's to keep the 'Personal' in Personal Banking. Civic was built to put people before profits. We designed our Personal Banking products to help you reach your goals. And we back each Civic product with people who love to help people. Civic banking is Personal Banking. Not a Civic member yet? Join today.
We pay up when you swipe down.
Qualify with 20 debit card purchases per month*
Use any ATM nationwide, with no fees†
- Open an account with just $5
- Online Bill Pay and eStatements‡
- Deposit checks remotely with Civic digital deposit
- Real-time spending and location-based alerts
- Overdraft transfer options◊ available
Civic's Bonus Checking Account Details
* 1.00% APY applies to member accounts incurring 20 debit card purchases per month, excluding ATM withdrawals and automatic account drafts. Purchases and/or transactions may take up to two business days from transaction date to post to the account. This bonus dividend rate is paid on balances up to $10,000. Balances in excess of $10,000 will earn dividends at the current available rate. Minimum opening deposit is $5. For members making less than 20 qualified purchases per month, dividend rate is 0.15%.
† Fees applicable to any ATM network in the United States and its territories will be charged to member account and then refunded to the same account by Civic within two business days. Rebated funds will be available for use following the credit union’s nightly batch processing.
‡ Civic provides eStatements at no cost to account holders. Paper statements are available for a fee of $5 per month.
∆ 24/7 identity theft and fraud protection is provided through Mastercard for Civic debit and credit cards. The service does not apply to checks or ACH transactions. To contact Mastercard directly, call 1.800.627.8372.
◊ Overdraft Transfer Service is available from a Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts with no minimum increments or transfer fees. Members may also apply for an overdraft line of credit from which transfers are made in increments of $50 up to available limits.
Stash your cash. Reach your goals.
- Become a member when you open a Select Savings account
- Monthly eStatements* to monitor your account online
- Schedule automatic contributions so cash goes into savings before you even know it’s gone
Civic Select Savings Account Details
* Civic provides eStatements at no cost to account holders. Paper statements are available for a fee of $5 per month.
Rates done right - choose your term and what you earn.
- Fixed-rate dividends*
- Personalized maturity dates and rollover options
- Automatic dividend deposits
Civic Choice Certificates Details
* Minimum opening deposit is $500. Civic Choice Certificates are fixed-rate accounts. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly. Dividends may be disbursed at maturity monthly or rolled back into the certificate account. Funds may be used as collateral for lending. Rates for new CCCs are subject to change daily at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Money Market Accounts
Invest your heard-earned money and make it work harder for you.
- Open an account with a $500 minimum*
- Check writing options available
- Earn 0.75% dividends when your balance stays above $500
Civic Money Market Account Details
* Minimum opening balance is $500. APY of 0.75% applies to minimum balance of $500. For balances below $500, APY is 0.00%. Dividends are paid monthly.
New and Used Auto Loans
Get a payment and term that fits your budget.
- Up to 110% financing on new vehicles to help cover tax, tag and title*
- Terms up to 6 years (72 months)
- GAP Plus coverage, Credit Life and Disability Insurance options available
Starting APRs as low as 1.99%*
To help you cover additional expenses
Civic Auto Loans Details
* A new vehicle is defined as upcoming, current or prior year model with less than 7,500 miles; vehicle value is based on MSRP. A used vehicle is defined as having a maximum of 100,000 miles; vehicle value is determined using data from the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA). Loans are subject to approval for up to 110% of vehicle purchase price, to be used for tax, tag and title expenses; require comprehensive and collision insurance coverages; and have no prepayment penalties. Rates are evaluated based on member’s credit history. Borrowers must be age 18 or older and reside in NC, SC, GA or VA. As low as rate indicates .25% APR discount for using auto debit from a Civic deposit account.
† If you ever get in an accident, we’ll make sure your loan balance is paid and give you $1,000 towards the purchase of your next vehicle with Civic.
A loan to cover an overdue vacation or an unexpected emergency.
- Unsecured Loans up to $30,000*
- Secured Loans to help establish and re-establish credit using existing Civic funds as collateral
- No pre-payment penalties
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance options available
Civic Personal Loans Details
* Subject to approval. Rates and credit limit are evaluated based on member’s credit history. Borrowers must be at least 18 years old and live in NC, SC, GA or VA. As low as rate indicates .50% APR discount for using auto debit from a Civic deposit account.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Reimagine what your home can do for you.
- Line amounts range from $5,000 - $250,000*
- Maximum Loan-to-Value (LTV) up to 90%†
- 15 year draw period, with a 10 year amortization schedule‡
- Advance funds anytime
Civic Home Equity Line of Credit Account Details
* Subject to approval. All applicants must meet underwriting criteria. Loan or line amount may be up to 90% less the amount owed on outstanding mortgages, if any.
† APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR for a Civic Federal Credit Union Home Equity Line of Credit is variable and based on Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal, ten days before the end of the prior month (called the “Index”), plus a margin. Your margin will be determined by several factors including but not limited to your credit qualifications, combined loan-to-value and loan amount. The maximum APR for a home equity line of credit is 18%. Rates are subject to change daily. Civic membership must be established prior to scheduled closing. No purchase money seconds. Adequate, property and flood insurance are required for the life of the loan. The minimum loan amount for a Home Equity Line of Credit is $5,000. If your loan requires an appraisal, title insurance, or attorney fees, they must be paid at the borrower’s expense.
Civic Rewards Credit Card
A credit card with no annual fees? Yes, please!
- No annual, application, cash advance or balance transfer fees
- Earn unlimited cash back
- 24/7 identity theft and fraud protection‡
Cash back on all purchases
Rates as low as 9.50% APR†
Civic Credit Card Details
* 5% cashback bonus rewards offer applies to Civic consumer rewards credit cards only. 5% rewards available for card purchases less returns. Card purchases must be made by January 31, 2021 to qualify. Existing Civic Rewards credit card holders will qualify for cashback rewards for card purchases. In addition to the 5% cashback bonus rewards on card purchases, a $150 bonus reward will be given if the cardholder accumulates more than $1000 in card purchases during the stated promotional period. When card purchases are deemed qualified, the $150 bonus reward will appear on the monthly statement 30 days following the end of the promotion period and will be displayed as bonus credit earned. Card holders will be disqualified from earning 5% bonus rewards and the $150 bonus if account is more than 29 days past due. Return purchases, balance transfers, cash advances, fraudulent or disputed charges and fees of any kind do not count towards the 5% reward bonus.
After January 31, 2021, rewards percentage will revert to 1% cashback rewards. The $150 bonus reward is only applicable during the stated promotional period.
† Subject to approval. Rates and credit limit are evaluated based on member’s credit history; rates are subject to change. Credit card may be secured with Civic Savings Account funds.
‡ 24/7 identity theft and fraud protection for card is provided through Mastercard; to contact Mastercard directly, call 1.800.627.8372.